1780 SILVER LAKE RD.
BARTLESVILLE OK 74006
Wesleyan Christian School (WCS) was established in the fall of 1976 as a ministry First Wesleyan Church. It was established as a service to the families of the Bartlesville and surrounding communities to provide an education that is focused on academic excellence and thoroughly grounded in a Biblical worldview.
By 1979 WCS had a total enrollment of 55 in Kindergarten, first and second grades. A new school building was erected and ready for classes in September of 1980. In the next four years, additional modular buildings were added to accommodate the growing student body. With enrollment at 163, plans were made to build the present Christian Education Center. When ready for use in the fall of 1984, classes were offered through sixth grade. Seventh and eighth grade classes were added in 1984 and 1985, respectively. In the fall of 1999, the high school was added. Wesleyan Christian School’s first graduating class was in May 2003.
In the fall of 2008, the school was able to expand once again with the construction of the current Family Life Center. A state of the art science lab/classroom, a new gymnasium and an elementary computer lab were added. In 2009-2010, the elementary computer lab was expanded and remodeling allowed for the addition of new classrooms for music/band and Pre-K. The enrollment has grown to over 250 students in Pre-K through Twelfth Grade.
Wesleyan Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and the Oklahoma Private School Accreditation Commission which are recognized by the Oklahoma State Department of Education. We are currently in the process of pursuing accreditation with the North Central Association Commission on School Improvement (NCA CASI).